A Quick Guide for Using Drones to Sell Your Property
by Caroline Kirby
In recent years technological advances have made gadgets more accessible than ever before, meaning if you’re trying to sell your property on your own you now have more options to cranking out a professional grade DIY product—like high-quality pictures and videos.
You’ve probably heard about the growing popularity of using drone imagery in real estate and if not here are few stats from the National Association of Realtors:
- Homes with aerial imagery sell 68% faster than those without
- 73% of buyers are more likely to visit a property that uses video marketing
- Buyers reported drone imagery as being impressive and influential to requesting a visit to the property
Convinced? If you want to effectively use drone imagery to improve your listings and sell your land fast keep reading for some essential tips.
Soar Above the Rest
If you’ve decided to take your listing to the next level here are a few tips to keep in mind to make the most out of your aerial imagery and ensure things run as smoothly as possible.
- Practice Makes Perfect: This tip is crucial for anyone who has never operated a drone before. You should not attempt to rush this process as doing so unprepared could lead to wasted time, money, and even pose safety concerns. Give yourself time to practice operating the drone and trying out different locations/positions. Of course, if you opt to hire someone to do this then you can skip to the next tip!
- Clean Up the Landscape: Regardless of the property you’re selling (a plot of land or a home in a residential area) you want to take time to guarantee your property is spotless. Make sure there’s no debris, fallen branches, construction equipment, vehicles, etc. that could clutter up your images. If you have a property that requires landscaping we recommend a clean-up before having any images taken.
- Let Your Drone do All the Work: Drones come with intelligent settings and various flight modes, read up on your model and take advantage of the existing autonomous flight modes. When you do your research, you can save yourself time and let your drone do all the heavy lifting.
- Tell a Story: Use your photos and images to tell a story about the property you’re selling. Take the time to organize your photos and give them adequate captions in order to foster deeper engagement with potential buyers.
- Screen Potential Risks: This is another aspect of the planning phase, you should go around your property and assess potential risks. Power lines, trees, etc. and decide if you think you can safely and realistically navigate around any of these issues.
Utilizing aerial images from a drone is a simple but powerful way to out market competitors and get your listing noticed! Take these 5 tips into consideration as you prep your listing and look for ways to stand out from the rest.
Ready to list? Check out LandHub’s plans and get your listing noticed by buyers today!
Like this article? Please feel free to share or post a link on your site: https://www.landhub.com/blog/a-quick-guide-for-using-drones-to-sell-your-property/