by Caroline Kirby
Thriving culture, musical hotspots, and the most visited national park (the Great Smoky Mountains National Park) in all of the United States can all be experienced in Tennessee. With growing cities like Memphis and Nashville, investors have been flocking to the Volunteer State in the last few years.
Great investment opportunities, large areas of forest land, rangeland, and 44% of the state’s land dedicated to agriculture all make for big reasons why Tennessee should be at the top of your list when looking to buy land.
So, what makes Tennessee so lovable and livable? Here are our top reasons:
- Good schools and ranks #26 nationally for education with more than 75 colleges and universities across the state.
- Thriving job market with one of the lowest unemployment rates in the nation.
- Comfortably low cost of living and no income tax for residents.
- Natural beauty with mountains, waterfalls, rivers, and more!
- Tons of culture—especially when it comes to music! Appalachian bluegrass, country, rock & roll can all be found across TN.
- Strong network of hospitals and healthcare facilities.
These quick facts are just to get your attention. When it comes to purchasing land in Tennessee there are a lot of great options. Still need some convincing? We’ll break down three more reasons you should consider investing in land in Tennessee.
- Retirement Friendly: Are you planning for retirement? Depending on where you live in the U.S. you may be looking to slow things down or change up the routine as you step back from work. Whether you’re looking for a full-time place to live or a vacation getaway Tennessee has a lot to offer. Tennessee attracts many retirees due to its tax-friendliness. Tennessee residents do not pay state income tax, and Social Security retirement benefits are also untaxed. Property taxes are low as well with an average effective rate of just 0.75%.
- Home Value on the Rise: Tennessee’s median home values have risen by over 8% since 2017. Although the state’s median home value is still lower than the national average, it’s expected to rise by over 5% this year! Steady appreciation means opportunity for investors who are looking to establish their rental portfolios.
- Hunting is Big Business: In Tennessee investors can earn additional income through hunt leases on private land. Tennessee has 4 distinct hunting regions meaning a lot of opportunity for diversity and capital gain. With land for great prices you could buy a few properties and start leasing out during the different hunting seasons.
Like what you’ve read so far? We think Tennessee has a lot to offer whether you’re looking to live there or solely to invest. You can check out all of our current Tennessee listings here, but we’ll help you out by highlighting some of our top listings below.
Land Listings to Look Out for in Tennessee
- Morton Barn with stables, 30+ acres, and all the amenities.
- Hunter’s dream of 605 acres with barn, ponds, timber, and mineral rights.
- Private views of TN mountain range and a convenient drive to Fall Creek Falls state park.
- 2 Acres of Awesome in Cleveland, TN.
- Prime Location, private with Smoky Mountain views.
- Plenty of tillable acreage for crops or food plots for wildlife.
- Marina, boat launch and country style living offered in gated lakefront community.
Have some land you’re looking to sell in Tennessee? We recommend taking a look at our membership opportunities so you can sell your land quickly!
Like this article? Please feel free to share or post a link on your site: https://www.landhub.com/3-reasons-to-invest-in-land-in-tennessee/