by Caroline Kirby
Are you looking for a change of scenery or have you ever been curious about what life in the desert is like? To some, the idea of the desert can be frightening: miles and miles before you reach civilization, hot temperatures during the day and frigid temps at night, dry air. Doesn’t sound appealing?
The truth is that desert life has some surprising advantages when it comes to your health. Here are 6 of the most interesting health benefits living in the desert offers.
6 Health Benefits to Living the Desert Life
Hear us out on this one—even if you’re not used to the climate or you’re worried about making a big move, buying a property in the desert could have a positive impact on your life. Read on to learn more!
- Outdoor Activities 24/7: Are you and your loved ones fans of the great outdoors? The great thing about living in the desert is the weather is predictable meaning you don’t have to change your plans on the fly due to weather or plan far in advance. Chances are if you want to go hiking, biking, or exploring most every day you wake up will be the perfect day for your activities!
- Great Air Quality: Because deserts are less densely populated the possibility of contamination is much lower. You also don’t have to worry about allergy-causing pollen found in other parts of the country as desert plants follow different cycles. If you’ve dealt with horrid allergies or complications from asthma thanks to pollution, the desert may be for you.
- Low Maintenance Properties: Don’t get us wrong, low maintenance doesn’t mean no maintenance, but the fact that you’re in the desert is a guarantee that you won’t have to deal with the same upkeep that is required in other areas of the U.S.
- Sunshine: In the desert, you will enjoy longer, sunnier days and more sun exposure overall. No need to worry about your Vitamin D intake here!
- No Mosquitoes: Are you from the South? Then you’ve likely spent the summer months fending off these pesky critters. In the desert you can finally enjoy nights outside around a bonfire, keeping your windows open, and taking strolls around the neighborhood without having to load up on bug spray and fly swatters.
- Peace and Quiet: Maybe you’re looking to retire, or perhaps you just want to get away from traffic, noise pollution, and crowded spaces. Whatever your reason may be finding a property in the desert could offer the solitude you’re looking for in living a much simpler life.
Desert living has a lot of benefits, both for your health and in general, if these reasons have left you at all curios we recommend taking a peek at some of the desert properties featured on LandHub.com. You can browse our listings across parts of Texas, Nevada, California, New Mexico, and Arizona. Have something more specific in mind? Check out all of our properties here!
Like this article? Please feel free to share or post a link on your site: https://www.landhub.com/land-news/6-reasons-you-should-buy-a-property-in-the-desert/