By Caroline Kirby
Social media marketing efforts have quickly become popular within the real estate industry for a good reason. Each platform has its own unique benefits and tricks to success, but today let’s focus on Twitter.
If you’re looking to sell land, you should consider utilizing Twitter as one of your tools. Before looking at the ways to use Twitter, it will be helpful to be familiar with the platform. Here are some need-to-know stats when deciding if Twitter is right for your land-selling efforts:
• Twitter has 145 million monetizable daily active users (users who see ads)
• 30 million (20%) of Twitter’s users are based in the U.S.
• Twitter users spend 26% more time with ads than other social media users
• People watch 2 billion videos on Twitter per day (a great opportunity to show off your land!)
• The median age of U.S. Twitter users is 40
These stats are all important for various reasons, but if you’re looking to sell land using social media, then you can see why Twitter may be beneficial to your cause. However, just with any marketing strategy (especially on social media), if you don’t have the right plan in place, your efforts may be in vain.
How to Use Twitter to Sell Your Land
Having an active and properly set up Twitter profile is the first step to helping your business build credibility and authenticity, thus establishing yourself as a trustworthy seller. However, setting up, managing, and maintaining social media profiles can be very time consuming and difficult for those without experience. That’s where social media management can come in handy; more on this later.
For now, here are the cardinal rules to effectively using Twitter to sell your land.
1. Use High-Quality Imagery: Twitter is an engaging platform by nature, and users are more likely to interact with tweets that feature images or videos. Invest your time and money in getting quality imagery of the land and area you’re looking to sell.
2. Highlight Surrounding Areas: If you’re looking to sell land that is near an area with great coffee shops or up and coming small businesses, engage and interact (tweeting, retweeting, or replying to tweets) with those businesses. This is a chance to get connected with the community as well as show off what potential buyers could be purchasing in a more subtle way.
3. Scope Out Competition with Hashtags: Hashtags make it easy to follow and contribute to trending topics. Find out what is popular in the area where you’re selling by searching through hashtags that are popular there, plus keep an eye on what other realtors or land sellers are doing with their Twitter profiles.
4. Get Feedback from Your Audience: Tweet questions or utilize polls to get a feel for what your potential buyers are interested in. Do they want drone footage? More images? Do they have questions? Utilize your Twitter to easily connect with potential buyers and widen your reach.
5. Run Twitter Ads: Implementing ads is one of the best ways to get your property noticed. Use Twitter’s highly detailed targeting options to ensure your land is being seen by qualified buyers.
Twitter is an awesome tool when it comes to social media marketing efforts. You don’t necessarily need to be a social media whiz to tap into the benefits, but if you’re looking for more insight or prefer to leave your marketing efforts to the experts, then consider LandHub.com’s social media marketing program.
Like this article? Please feel free to share or post a link on your site: https://www.landhub.com/land-news/how-to-effectively-use-twitter-to-sell-land/