by Caroline Kirby
Life is slowing down, your to-do list is less extensive, and you finally have some free time on your hands. Where do you want to spend your golden years? This stage of life brings on a lot of changes, and relocation is often one of the biggest.
If you’re looking for a change of location to jumpstart your retired life, here are a few reasons why you should consider Iowa.
Why You Should Live Your Golden Years in Iowa
The Hawkeye State is known for its rolling plains and cornfields, a massive state fair, and being the birthplace of sliced bread! This midwestern powerhouse has a lot to offer for those looking to kick back and enjoy life at a slower pace.
When relocating as a retiree, there are a few factors to keep in mind, here’s what most people consider to be important characteristics when choosing a new home:
• Cost of living
• Opportunities to be social
These certainly aren’t the only things to consider, but they are a great starting place. So, what makes Iowa a great place to build your retirement home?
1. Affordability: The cost of living is much lower than the national average (nearly 11%), with the median home cost sitting around $115,000. Another perk is that social security is not taxed. Iowa is also famous for having almost no traffic, which means you won’t waste any time in annoying traffic jams.
2. Weather: In Iowa, you’ll never get bored with one season because you’ll get to experience all four. Enjoy a white Christmas, warm summer, beautiful fall, and active spring! Plus, if you’re not a fan of certain weather there are plenty of major airports or fun cities around Iowa to check out.
3. Healthy Living: Year after year, cities across Iowa are recognized as among the healthiest in the country. Iowa residents enjoy a higher level of physical and mental health and are able to live active lifestyles. Additionally, Iowa’s hospitals and clinics are consistently recognized as some of the best in the U.S. with adult care specialties.
4. Social Activity: Whether you choose to live in a small town or a city, there are tons of opportunities to be social and stay active. Whether it’s through community volunteering, going to a local fair, or traveling through the state to explore, the possibilities are endless.
5. Places to Visit: Although Iowa is known for it’s rolling plains, there’s a lot more to the state than just cornfields. From state parks to tourist attractions like the world’s largest human-made grotto, John Wayne’s birth home, or the world’s biggest truck stop, it’s a guarantee that there’s plenty to sightsee.
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to build your retirement home in Iowa! Let us assist you each step of the way as you look for the property you have always envisioned! Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have questions about what is best for your land-buying needs. Let LandHub.com be one of your top sources for land news. Whether you are looking for farmland or property in the city, LandHub has what you need!
Like this article? Please feel free to share or post a link on your site: https://www.landhub.com/land-news/why-iowa-is-a-great-place-to-build-a-retirement-home/