Hat Springs Ranch
4,400 Acres - Malta, 83342
Scan with Smart
Located in both northern Utah and southern Idaho, Hat Springs Ranch, a working cattle and equestrian ranch, is a pleasant drive from Salt Lake City. The ranch compound is neatly arranged on both sides of a well-maintained road in Malta, Idaho with the Raft River Range providing a dramatic backdrop. Feedlots provide capacity for 800 head of cattle with summer grazing on higher grounds. Irrigation and stock watering are done with water flowing from three springs located at the foothills of the Raft River Mountains. The ranch offers an idyllic setting for a family retreat or guest lodge with the great outdoors as your backyard.
* Hat Springs Ranch straddles the high desert of southern Idaho and the Bally Mountains, a sub-range of Utahs Raft River Mountains, a lesser-known mountain range in the Sawtooth National Forest.
* The ranch is set in a seemingly remote location but easily accessed from Interstate 84.
* Hat Springs Ranch runs 150-200 head of cattle year-round in addition to 2 dozen + horses which the owners breed and train.
* Three natural springs on the ranch provide water for irrigation and livestock.
* The owners maintain 350 acres under irrigation with yields of 3 tons/acre of alfalfa and grass hay.
* Great hunting opportunities exist on the ranch with direct National Forest access. A variety of wildlife on the property include mule deer, mountain lion elk, turkey, and grouse.
* The ranch has incredible potential for a variety of recreational opportunities which include mountain biking, backpacking, camping, ATVing, and horseback riding.
Contact Ken Mirr or Chris Corroon.