If you’re looking to make a move this year, you may be surprised that Washington, or the Evergreen state, should be at the top of your list of potential places? This gem in the Pacific Northwest is so much more than a nature lover’s paradise -- in fact, many people believe the booming economy and start-up-friendly environment make Washington the next potential Silicon Valley.
So why should you keep Washington top of mind, and who would do best to move here? Here’s a quick intro.
Experience a State of Wanderlust
Often confused with our nation’s capital, Washington couldn’t be more different from Washington D.C. if it tried. The state’s tagline “experience a state of wanderlust” is spot on because it really is a place that has it all.
Tucked away in the country’s top left corner, there’s plenty to see when visiting Washington. Here are some highlights and lesser-known pros to this state.
- Never get bored exploring: Washington has perhaps one of the most diverse landscapes of any state in the U.S. From peninsulas to trails and lakes, volcanoes, islands, sprawling metropolitan areas, and a growing wine country, chances are it’ll take you years to discover everything the state has to offer. You can explore some of the most popular regions through Washington’s official tourism website.
- Quality of life is among the highest: Outdoor enthusiasts welcome! This is your place. Washington is home to over 100 mountains, so it should come as no surprise that hiking, mountain biking, and climbing are extremely popular. The proximity to tons of water sources (rivers, lakes, and oceans) also makes it easy to enjoy other activities too. The incredible access to tons of outdoor activities means Washington is also a very healthy state. While it’s certainly a dream to experience, it does come at a higher cost than other states.
- No income tax: Although Washington does have a higher cost of living, many locals see the value of what they get living in the Evergreen State. A plus to the costly lifestyle is that Washington does not have income tax! It’s also important to keep in mind that while prices are higher, most Washingtonians feel their salaries meet their needs.
- A place for everyone: As you could probably tell by looking at the diversity in landscapes, Washington also has a good balance of small towns, medium-sized cities, and metropolises, meaning there is a place for everyone to reside. You just have to decide what you’re looking for!
- Incredible access to quality education: Did you know that Washington has consistently ranked within the top 3 states for best educational systems in the U.S.? No matter which part of the state you live in, you’ll be able to access a high-quality education. According to U.S. News & World Report, Washington state students maintain some of the nation’s best scores in eighth-grade reading and math test scores and receive college degrees with less debt than most students.
- Giving Silicon Valley a run for its money: For years, if you asked any American where the hub of technology and innovation in the U.S. is, they’d likely say Silicon Valley. But in recent years, more and more start-ups and tech minds are looking to Seattle. This has become one of the fastest-growing tech hubs in the country!
Whether you’re looking for a natural escape or a place to set up shop for your new business, Washington has it all! Explore what land listings and properties are currently available
across the state on LandHub.com.
Like this article? Please feel free to share or post a link to your site: